Friday 9 September 2016

Self-Representation

UK Tribes Results: 'Super-Fan'...




'Unlike pop-star and vlogger-loving Fan Girls, Superfans want niche knowledge, merchandise – and are the most active Geeks of all. Superfans are a new Tribe to accommodate the Alternative online force – the Twitterati, Fan Fiction writers, Tumblr-managers and thousands of other (often very young Tribes) who are Geeking out online and following their passions minute-by-minute'


I disagree with this, even though some aspects are similar (love of geekdom and its knowledge), its just one aspect of my personality, rather than its entirety.

So, if I disagree with this, who am I? Well, I am multiple things...


I don't think I fit into any real class, due to their being many aspects of my persona, that would contrast to any real classification. For example:
  • I'm a Geek - Much like the UK Tribes result, I do love 'geeky' things like Comics, Cult Properties and Sci-Fi, however, I do not care for Video Games, Fan Fiction or many of the communities within fandom (which, despite all liking the same stuff, seem to hate each other).
  • I'm a Sports Fan - I love to watch and play many sports, with sports like Rugby, Cricket, F1 and NFL being my favourites. However, I am not necessarily very good at the sports I play (despite enjoying them), meaning I am not a jock.
  • I'm a Movie Buff -I love watching and evaluating movies! I love a wide variety of films, from big blockbusters to small indie films, comedies to dramas. I also love to read and write reviews on films too. However, until recently, I rarely watched anything in the cinema, so I was always too late to a film for my opinion to be heard.
  • I'm a Retro Lover - I have a massive love for all things from the 80s! Films, music, TV and even the whole state of pop culture at the time, it all is amazing to me. However, not many people love this era.
  • I'm a Rocker - I love rock music, in all its varieties (Alternative/Indie and Punk are my more favourable). However, this is my most recent love.

So, considering all of that, if I really were to classify myself, it would just be 'myself'.

No comments:

Post a Comment